Recipe by katie in the UP
I don't know where the recipe originated from. I use them as an appetizer...but if you use sliced almonds...they would be great on top of a 'hearty' salad.
Top Review by FairladyJody
I had just a few minutes to prepare nibbles to go with drinks for Friday night on the front porch. Everyone loved these nuts and wanted the recipe. I didn't have fresh rosemary so just smashed up some dried and worked it in. Thanks so much.
- 2 cups almonds (can use pecans)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, in a med saucepan melt butter over med heat until sizzling. Remove from heat. Stir in rosemary, sugar, salt and red pepper. Add almonds to butter mixture and toss to coat. Cool slightly before serving. If desired seal cooled nuts in an airtight container and store for up to 1 month in refrigerator or up to 3 months in freezer.