This is my version of a granola recipe I saw on Sarah's Secrets one day. I did make a few changes to suit our taste, but the recipe is basically the same. This is wonderful eaten dry or with milk.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, nuts, coconut, sunflower seeds and salt.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with honey over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- In a large jelly-roll pan that has been sprayed with Pam, spread granola evenly.
- Bake in middle of oven, stirring halfway through backing- approximately.
- 20 minutes.
- Cool granola in pan on a rack and stir in dried fruit.
- Can be kept in an airtight container at cool room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Great blend of flavor and easy to mix up. I've enjoyed this granola dry so far, but I'll be having some with milk in the morning. Yummy stuff. I did pull the pan out and give it a stir a few times, since it was browning quickly.
A very nice granola. The first morning I ate some without the fruit and thought it a bit salty, but once I bought the fruit and added it, it was just right. I added dried pineapple, mango, papaya and unsweetened bananas. Very tasty! Thanks for posting!