Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is my version of a granola recipe I saw on Sarah's Secrets one day. I did make a few changes to suit our taste, but the recipe is basically the same. This is wonderful eaten dry or with milk.
Top Review by ReeLani
Great blend of flavor and easy to mix up. I've enjoyed this granola dry so far, but I'll be having some with milk in the morning. Yummy stuff. I did pull the pan out and give it a stir a few times, since it was browning quickly.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chopped tropical blend dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, nuts, coconut, sunflower seeds and salt.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with honey over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- In a large jelly-roll pan that has been sprayed with Pam, spread granola evenly.
- Bake in middle of oven, stirring halfway through backing- approximately.
- 20 minutes.
- Cool granola in pan on a rack and stir in dried fruit.
- Can be kept in an airtight container at cool room temperature up to 2 weeks.