Recipe by Sharon123
A great healthy salad adapted from the Almond Board of California. The recipe calls for julienned veggies, but you can chop if you like.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
This was a great broccoli slaw salad! The broccoli slaw makes for a great crunchy salad thats a little different from your typical lettuce salad. I made this for three of us for dinner tonight and used a full bag of broccoli slaw (love it!) and we had plenty to go around. I halved the dressing ingredients to cut a few calories and it was enough to cover the entire salad. DH and I really enjoyed the bright lemony flavor with the hint of Asian flair from the sesame and rice vinegar. Thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli stem, peeled and julienned (or buy the packaged broccoli slaw)
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup celery, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (I use seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, zucchini, celery, onions, bell peppers and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, parsley, mint and lemon zest.
- Pour over vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper.