Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick to throw together, and full of veggies.
Make and share this Almond Turkey Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin, cubed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients up to and including the cubed turkey breast, until smooth and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry the turkey mixture in 2 teaspoons hot oil until no longer pink, remove and keep warm.
- In the skillet, stir fry the celery, carrot, onion, mushrooms, and green onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- Add water chestnuts and reserved turkey, heat through.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into the pan, and bring to a boil, cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Sprinkle with almonds, and serve with hot cooked rice.