Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These muffins are just delicious. One 12oz can of sweetened condensed milk will give you enough to double a batch (24 muffins). I brought these twice to work already and they are devoured. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (stick not soft tub margarine) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (stick not soft tub margarine)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk (from 14oz can)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup additional sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Beat in almond extract and eggs. With wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup condensed milk, whipping cream. milk and 1/2 cup of the almonds just until combined. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (3/4 full) sprinkle 1/4 cup sliced almonds evenly over batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and drizzle each with 1 tsp of the additional condensed milk. Serve warm.
Moist & delicately flavoured, these muffins are delicious! I didn't have quite enough slivered almonds so used ground almonds instead of a 1/4 cup flour and it worked well. Thanks!
Didn't serve with extra condensed milk.
These muffins really are delicious, possibly the best muffins I've ever made. Easy too.