Recipe by RecipeNut
You can add yellow red and green holiday candy decors to make ornaments on the cookie trees.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 8 -10 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, beat 1 cup butter, the granulated sugar and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, beat in flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and the milk on medium speed until smooth and spreadable. Stir in green food color until uniform color.
- Spoon frosting into resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to make tree shape in a zigzag pattern on each cookie with frosting.