Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Incredible simple, elegant, delicious torte that is perfect for birthdays or hostess gift. Top with Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting (recipe also on this site)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole almond
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon amaretto liqueur (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
- Prepare 2 8 inch (20cm) round cake pans by greasing them and lining them with waxed paper cut to fit.
- In a blender combine the eggs and sugar at high speed until smooth. Add almonds and blend until they are very finely ground. Add flour and baking powder and blend until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake at 350F (180C0 for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cakes cool (about 5 min) before removing from the pans. Let cool completely before icing.
- Optional to pour 1-2 T amaretto liqueur on bottom layer for decadence.