Incredible simple, elegant, delicious torte that is perfect for birthdays or hostess gift. Top with Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting (recipe also on this site)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
- 2Prepare 2 8 inch (20cm) round cake pans by greasing them and lining them with waxed paper cut to fit.
- 3In a blender combine the eggs and sugar at high speed until smooth. Add almonds and blend until they are very finely ground. Add flour and baking powder and blend until combined.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake at 350F (180C0 for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Let cakes cool (about 5 min) before removing from the pans. Let cool completely before icing.
- 6Optional to pour 1-2 T amaretto liqueur on bottom layer for decadence.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Torte With Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 148.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g