Recipe by Linky
This delicious cake comes from Lydia's Favorite Recipes. Recommended for all almond lovers!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour (or meal, or finely ground almonds)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched, sliced and slightly toasted
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 10 inch springform pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in lemon zest and almond extract, then increase speed to high and beat batter until very light.
- At low speed, mix in half of flour mixture, beating until just incorporated; beat in half almond flour. Scrape bowl and repeat. Beat at medium until batter is smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and mix on low just until evenly distributed.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth surface and scatter sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes; rotate pan halfway through. Bake until cake is golden.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Run knife around edge of cake and remove ring.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.