Recipe by Cabnolen
This is a very popular dessert dish in Asian countries. It's easy, simple, and refreshing! It doesn't actually use tofu, but it's white and cubed, which resembles tofu, hence its name. Give it a try, I have shared this with many of my non-Asian friends and they all loved it and gave rave reviews!
Top Review by bully4you502
Oh, I have been looking for this recipe! A Chinese restaurant we used to go to before we moved always had this as dessert! I altered the recipe by using Splenda instead of sugar because I am trying to lose weight, and I can see this becoming a staple dessert for me, especially in the summer. I never tire of it! Also, instead of milk, I used nonfat soy milk. Delicious!
- 300 ml boiling water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 300 ml warm milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 (410 g) can fruit salad in syrup (or juice)
- raw sugar or brown sugar
- hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the gelatine with boiling water, dissolve in the sugar.
- Add warm milk and essence.
- Using a shallow dish (or 2 or 3), pour the jelly in, to around 1cm deep/high.
- Meanwhile, dissolve brown or raw sugar in hot water to taste, make it a little sweeter than usual so it's the right sweetness after adding in the fruit salad.
- Add the fruit salad, chill well.
- When the jelly solidifies, cut into 1cm cubes, and add to the chilled liquid.
- Do NOT add the jelly into hot or warm liquid! Make sure the liquid is at least cold before adding them inches.
- Add more sugar to the liquid if required, otherwise ready to serve!
- p.s. cooking time = chilling time.