Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Source: Eagle brand website **Note: Cooking time is freezing time**
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted and divided
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 42 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending foil above sides of pan.
- Finely chop 1/2 cup of almonds.
- In medium bowl, combine almonds with wafer crumbs.
- Reserving 1 cup crumb mixture, combine remainder with butter; press firmly on bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and extracts; mix well.
- Stir in reserved crumb mixture, crushed candy bars and remaining 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared pan; cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, remove from pan; peel off foil.
- Garnish as desired.
- Slice to serve.
- Freeze leftovers.