Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is another winning cookie recipe picked from my 10 star cookie recipe folder.
Top Review by Messy44
A first review for one of Kitten's recipes! These were the best cookies I made this Christmas. Wonderful texture, lots of toffee and almond in every bite. Made exactly as written and would not change one thing. Gave for a cookie exchange and received rave reviews. Thanks for a keeper, Kitten!
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package toffee pieces
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- additional icing sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar and 1 cup icing sugar.
- Add the oil, eggs and extract; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and white flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in icing sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with additional icing sugar while warm.