Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a brand name baking magazine. Yum!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter and sugar with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in flour until dough starts to form. Press dough in pan. Bake 13-18 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan, heat 1 cup butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Quickly stir in almonds; spread over baked layer. Bake 15-20 minutes or until dark golden brown and bubbling.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over hot bars. Let stand 5 minutes to soften; swirl chips over hot bars with spatula. Cool completely, about 30 miuntes.