Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 24 ounces tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dusting
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almonds or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and carrots, cover the pan and simmer for 12 minutes. Stir in the peas and scallions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in the parsley and dill.
- While the rice cooks, in a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust lightly with flour. Add the fish to the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden and firm, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Squeeze the lemon over the cooked fish. Top with the nuts and serve with the veggie rice.
I found this recipe to be quite interesting. I found that the rice had an interesting combination but was really quite good at the end. I was able to use fresh herbs since I have an herb garden. This really made the rice taste good. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was that the Tilapia was rather plain. Though I must say the lemon juice was a good feature in addition to the almonds. All in all it was a nice square meal.