Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It doesn't take long to make a special cup of tea that warms the soul as well as the hands.
- 8 english breakfast tea bags (or Irish Breakfast)
- 946.36 ml water
- 28.34 g almond syrup
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- ground nutmeg (optional) or cinnamon (optional)
- Prepare a strong tea with 8 tea bags in 4 cups (32 oz.) boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Pour 5 oz. of hot tea into each tea cup, add almond syrup and stir.
- Steam whole milk and top tea with a little steamed milk.
- Sprinkle with spice if desired.
This was very tasty! I had to special order the almond syrup for this recipe but it was well worth it! I opted not to use the nutmeg or cinnamon this time. Thanks for posting! This recipe was tagged in the Comfort Cafe's Jan. 2009 tag game.