Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These easy crispy almond cookies are perfect with a cup of tea.
Make and share this Almond Tea Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in the oil, extract, baking soda, salt, flour, and nuts.
- Mix well and form into small balls (3/4-inch).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
- Roll in powdered sugar and cool on cake rack.
The plan was to bake almond biscotti but due to the labor involved and lack of time I chose this recipe. This has to be the most delicious almond cookie I've ever tasted. They were quick to make and the directions were very clear. Perfect cookie for tea time or as a coffee dunker. Thanks for posting!
I love almond cookies and these were terrific. Instead of rolling them in powdered sugar I used a sifter and sprinkled liberally.
These are wonderful, simple tea cookies. I leave out the nuts and use vanilla extract instead of almond.