- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in the oil, extract, baking soda, salt, flour, and nuts.
- Mix well and form into small balls (3/4-inch).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
- Roll in powdered sugar and cool on cake rack.