Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh - I just love, love, LOVE this recipe! They are so easy, have a divine almond taste and fantastic texture. The amount of extract may seem surprising, but let me assure you it works perfectly in these chewy, sweet bars. Yield is approx.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon almond extract (yes, that's right!)
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and then add sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add extract.
- Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- Pour batter into a large cast-iron skillet (9-11") that has been lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove foil.
So simple and easy to make! I didn't have almond extract or almonds on hand but I did add some mint extract and it had a great taste.
This was so yummy, definitely a keeper. I just used my heavy frypan lined with alfoil and that worked really well.
Mmmmmm! Very good, and very easy. The house smelled divine while these were baking!! These remind me of cookies that my friend's family from the Netherlands used to make. Great chewy texture as well. I used a 9" cast iron skillet, but may try a bigger pan next time as they were a bit thicker than I expected. Overall, just wonderful!