Recipe by ilovecookies
Oh - I just love, love, LOVE this recipe! They are so easy, have a divine almond taste and fantastic texture. The amount of extract may seem surprising, but let me assure you it works perfectly in these chewy, sweet bars. Yield is approx.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon almond extract (yes, that's right!)
- slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and then add sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add extract.
- Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- Pour batter into a large cast-iron skillet (9-11") that has been lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove foil.