Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another cool refreshing iced tea that beats the summertime heat.
- 8 cups cold water, divided
- 9 regular-size tea bags or 3 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 lemons, juice of
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a gentle boil.
- Add the tea bags; cover and remove pan from the heat source.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Take out tea bags and don't squeeze them.
- Pour the tea into a 2-quart pitcher.
- Add in the sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Add in the vanilla, almond extract, and lemon juice; stir to mix.
- Add the remaining 6 cups of water and stir.
- Let tea cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve in glasses over ice.
I steeped the whole amount of water so it would be nice and strong and halved the sugar - it had a nice flavor with the almond in it!
Easy method for making iced tea without having to wait hours for it to cool. The almond and vanilla by themselves would have worked better for me, though. Too much lemon, which clashed a bit with the vanilla. I will make this again and leave out the lemon.
I'm not leaving any stars, but it's only because I was making half of the recipe, but when I got to the end, I put in the full amount of water so it was very watered down and I really couldn't tell if I liked it or not. Will make this again and update my review with stars. Made for Zaar Stars.