Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 tea bags, regular strength
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Place tea bags and lemon rind in lg scalded teapot or pan.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, lemon juice, almond extract and vanilla.
- Serve at once.
This is a very nice tea, and the smell is wonderful. I'm probably stating the obvious here, but add sugar according to your taste (not necessarily according to the recipe). I liked it with just one tb. of sugar per cup. Thanks for the recipe!
I think this must be the first non-milk tea that I had and enjoyed this afternoon. The only ingredient I omitted was the lemon zest. A very nice, honey coloured tea, this is. Thank you for sharing.