Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These sound really simple for how lovely they look. I'll try them soon.
- 110 g butter
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g ground almonds
- poached rhubarb or sliced fresh peaches or raspberries or kiwi fruit
- 290 ml whipped cream
- jelly or jam, for glaze
- Cream butter, sugar and ground almonds together. Put a teaspoon of the mixture into 24 shallow patty tins.
- Bake at 180C for 20 – 30 minutes approx or until golden brown. The tart or tartlets are too soft to turn out immediately, so cool in tins for about 5 minutes before removing from tins. Do not allow to set hard or the butter will solidify and they will stick to the tins. If this happens pop the tins back into the oven for a few minutes so the butter melts and then they will come out easily. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Just before serving, arrange fruit on the base. Glaze with jelly (red for red fruit, apricot for green or yellow fruit).
- Decorate with rosettes of whipped cream.