Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is divine! All credit goes to Venice. courtesy of Alitalia Airlines.
Make and share this Almond Tart--Crostata di Mandorle recipe from Food.com.
- Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface.
- Fit it into a 9 inch tart pan with a removable fluted rim, and crimp the edge.
- Chill the shell for 30 minutes.
- Spread the jam on the bottom of the shell.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs until they are foamy and beat in the granulated sugar gradually.
- Crumble the almond paste into the egg mixture, and beat until it is combined well.
- Fold in the flour gently but throughly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the jam and sprinkle it with the almonds.
- Bake the tart in the lower third of a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until it is golden and firm in the center.
- Let it cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rim, let the tart cool completely on the rack, and dust with confectioners sugar.