Recipe by Sharon123
Filled with herbs and nuts and grains, this is wonderfully healthy and a pleasure to eat! Africa/Middle East recipe.
Top Review by Mami J
This was a nice dish. I still prefer regular tabbouleh but the almonds were a nice twist on it. My 5 yo really liked it, which was a big surprise. Thanks! Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6.
- 236.59 ml uncooked cracked wheat
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 354.88-473.18 ml chopped tomatoes
- 354.88 ml chopped parsley
- 236.59 ml sliced green onion
- 236.59 ml chopped toasted almond
- 118.29 ml almond oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml chopped of fresh mint (or 2 tsp. dried mint, crumbled)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the cracked wheat in boiling water 1 hour; drain. Mix in tomatoes, parsley, green onions and almonds. Combine almond or olive oil with lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Toss dressing with cracked wheat mixture.
- Chill several hours for flavors to blend. Enjoy!
- Makes about 2 quarts.