Filled with herbs and nuts and grains, this is wonderfully healthy and a pleasure to eat! Africa/Middle East recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked cracked wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1⁄2 cup almond oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint (or 2 tsp. dried mint, crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Soak the cracked wheat in boiling water 1 hour; drain. Mix in tomatoes, parsley, green onions and almonds. Combine almond or olive oil with lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Toss dressing with cracked wheat mixture.
- Chill several hours for flavors to blend. Enjoy!
- Makes about 2 quarts.