Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I just saw this on CityLine by Caesar Guinto and have to make it, it looks so good and don't want to miss it so here will stay and you'll enjoy it.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup golden whole flax seed
- In a bowl whisk together all-purpose, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in butter and honey then buttermilk. Add almonds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and flaxseed. Stir to combine.
- Scrape into greased or sprayed non-stick 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of 375 degree Fahrenheit oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- Wrap in cling film and freeze until semi-solid and easy to slice, about 2 hours.
- Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices with a serrated knife. Cut in half crosswise or diagonally, depending on which shape you like.
- Place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven, rotating the baking sheet and turning the crisps over halfway through until browned and crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets on rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serve with your favourite cheeses.