Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
from taste of home.... a nutty glazed melt-in-your-mouth cookie
Make and share this Almond Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 -3 teaspoons water
- green food coloring (optional)
- sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Coat bottom of a glass with nonstick cooking spray; dip in sugar.
- Flatten cookies with prepared glass, dipping glass in sugar again if needed.
- Bake at 400 for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, almond extract and enough water to achieve glaze consistency.
- Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Sprinkle with almonds.