Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This recipe was given out on a cooking show on KOMA radio in Oklahoma City. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 crushed bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 slices firm white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Stuffing: melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery and onion in hot butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in the 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes and almond flavor. Add bread cubes; toss to moisten bread cubes.
- From the side, cut a pouch into each chop. Fill pouch with 1/4th of stuffing mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place stuffed chops on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 35-45 minute or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Combine browning sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Brush over chops and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove toothpicks from chops and serve.