Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 6 medium pears, peeled,halved,and cored
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 ounces slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Place pear halves, cut side down, in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine sherry and water; pour over pears.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn pear halves over.
- Combine almonds, sugar, and almond extract; stir well, and spoon equal amounts into cavity of each pear.
- Bake uncovered, 5 additional minutes; serve warm.