Recipe by Sharon123
An easy and delicious snack or dessert, great put on cookie trays! Serving dates stuffed with nuts and bowls of warm milk to visitors is a symbol of hospitality in North African homes. African, and posted for the ZWT.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
OH MY GOODNESS these are GREAT. I like dates plain but this recipe is heaven. The cinnamon and pepper really adds to the flavor. Thanks for a new snack recipe. Made for ZWT7 and the Saucy Silverados.
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully remove the pits from the dates, replacing each one with a whole almond.
- Pour the honey into a heavy saucepan and place it on low heat.
- When the honey is liquid, add the cinnamon and pepper; stir well.
- Put the stuffed dates in the honey and stir gently to coat. Leave on very low heat for 5 minutes until the dates are hot. Watch the sauce so that it doesn't boil or even simmer.
- Serve warm, or let cool and eat. Enjoy!