The recipe is from Scandinavian Feasts by Beatrice Ojakangas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Core the apples, leaving the peel, and cut lengthwise (stem to bottom) to make two halves each.
- 3Mix the almonds, sugar, and water to make a paste, and fill the centers of each apple half with this paste, dividing it equally.
- 4Place the filled apple halves on a cookie sheet with the filling side up.
- 5Drizzle the apples with melted butter.
- 6Mix the crumbs and brown sugar, and sprinkle over the apple halves.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- 8Serve with 1/4 cup of cream each.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Stuffed Baked Apple Halves
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.6
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g