1/1 Photo of Almond Squares
I found this in an article on award-winning cookies--this one was submitted by a woman named Jillian Greene. YUMMY! She certainly deserved her prize!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease an 11x16 inch jelly roll pan.
- 3In an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until light.
- 4Add the egg yolk and vanilla.
- 5With the mixer set on its lowest speed, beat in the flour.
- 6Pat the batter into the prepared pan, pressing it into the corners.
- 7Beat the white until frothy.
- 8Spread the white on the batter and sprinkle it with almonds.
- 9Transfer the pan to the hot oven and bake the mixture for 15 to 18 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- 10Cut into 48 pieces (diamonds, squares).
- 11Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Squares
Serving Size: 1 (792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g