- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml vegetable shortening
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 295.73 ml almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk, and almond extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in the almonds.
- Spread the mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is lightly colored. Cool in the pan on a rack before cutting into bars.