Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made these cookies this year and everyone loved them.
Make and share this Almond Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml vegetable shortening
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 295.73 ml almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk, and almond extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in the almonds.
- Spread the mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is lightly colored. Cool in the pan on a rack before cutting into bars.
These could be a little sweeter for our tastes, but had a wonderful bready texture and the almonds are delish! Wonderful. Made for ZWT4
I LOVE these! I already ate two big bars and it's taking strong will power to keep myself back from eating more! It made about 12 servings in a round pie dish- I didn't have a square one handy and it is really moist and difficult to cut small. They are not too sweet, but with wonderful flavor. Thank you!!! Made for ZWT 4.