I made these cookies this year and everyone loved them.
Make and share this Almond Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk, and almond extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in the almonds.
- Spread the mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is lightly colored. Cool in the pan on a rack before cutting into bars.