Also from Middle Eastern Recipe (http://www.ummah.com/family/recipes.html). It calls for almonds, but I've made this with walnuts as well. If you can't find ground nuts, then I recommend finely chopped. They should be as fine as possible, as this adds to the creamy texture of the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start the chicken broth boiling.
- 2While waiting for that, soften the onions in butter in a small sauce pan.
- 3Add flour to onion mixture and stir. This makes a kind of paste.
- 4Once chicken broth is boiling add the onion/flour mix to the boiling broth and stir briskly.
- 5Let simmer for a few minutes, then add the ground almonds. Let simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Add the heavy cream, stirring until heated through.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste, though I find it doesn't need it.
- 8Serves about 4.
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Soup (Looz Shorba)
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g