Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
These Christmas cookies are so pretty, with a sweet almond paste surprise in the center, topped with a tasty almond glaze and a sparkling coating of edible glitter or coarse sugar crystals. They look like they take forever to make, but only you need to know how easy they are! Yield is approximate - these cookie recipes come out differently every time (so it seems to me...).
Top Review by *axxo*
Thank YOU for a wonderful addition to my Christmas Cookie tray. These delicate cookies are delicious. The almond paste in the center truly make this a tasty morsel. These cookies are keepers and will continue to make an appearance on my cookie trays for many years to come.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces packages almond paste
- edible glitter or coarse sugar crystals
For the Almond Frosting mix until smooth
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat or mix together flour, butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Cut the almond paste into 1/2-inch slices, then cut slices into 1/4ths.
- Shape 1-inch ball of cookie dough around each piece of almond paste; roll gently and form a ball.
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Cool for 30 minutes; dip tops into Almond Frosting, then into glitter or coarse sugar.