Recipe by Mary in LA.
Got this recipe off the Foodnetwork.com.
Top Review by Amber W
This has become a staple cookie at our house. Because I'm a very busy mom I buy ground almonds at Trader Joe's rather than blending my own and in stead of making the cookies into balls I just take the dough and shape it into a log, refrigerate it and then slice it when I'm ready to bake. So fast so delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, sliced and softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse the almonds and sugar in a food processor until very finely ground.
- Add the butter and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the dough off the inside of the bowl,If needed.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and pulse to combine.
- Add flour and salt and pulse to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a large piece of waxed paper and roll into a log about 15 inches long and 1 and 1/2 inches wide.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the chilled dough into 1/2 inch pieces and roll by hand into balls.
- Space the cookies evenly on the prepated baking sheets until slightly golden, rotating the sheets once, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the confectioners sugar in a pie plate.
- Briefly cool the cookies on a rack, then gently toss in the confectioner's sugar until evenly coated.
- Return to rack, cool to room temperature and then toss again in the con- fectioners sugar.