Recipe by bmcnichol
A yummy snack mix my family enjoys.
Top Review by Pale Rose
I can't really rate this since I made a lot of changes! I found out, after I had already started the recipe, that I didn't have quite enough corn syrup on hand. So I wound up using about 1/2 cup corn syrup and 1/2 cup of honey. Then I replaced the Rice Chex cereal with popcorn! Then, to crisp the popcorn, I baked it for 30 minutes or more (I wasn't paying complete attention) and stirred it every 10 minutes (every 5 towards the end). Anyway, we loved it, so thanks! :)
- 499.51 g package Rice Chex
- 650.62 ml sliced almonds
- 236.59 ml sugar (I use Splenda)
- 236.59 ml light corn syrup
- 177.44 ml butter
- 4.92 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cereal and almonds in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° to 266° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat and stir in extract.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets and cool.
- Break apart.
- Store in an airtight container.