Anyone who likes smoothies should try almond milk - not just those who are trying to avoid cow's milk. Almonds are extremely rich in protein and iron, even more so than red meat (so I've heard). That's why we sometimes call this a "steak shake." It's so yummy and easy to make, and it sustains us all morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1place almonds in blender with water and leave overnight (if you forget this step, just do it all in the morning. It still works great.).
- 2In morning, blend mixture on high for 3 minutes.
- 3Add soy milk, carob powder and bananas (whole is fine). Blend 1 minute.
- 4Add ice, blend half a munute.
- 5Pour and enjoy!
- 7Have a great almond-powered day.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Smoothie - Steak Shake
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: