Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Anyone who likes smoothies should try almond milk - not just those who are trying to avoid cow's milk. Almonds are extremely rich in protein and iron, even more so than red meat (so I've heard). That's why we sometimes call this a "steak shake." It's so yummy and easy to make, and it sustains us all morning.
- place almonds in blender with water and leave overnight (if you forget this step, just do it all in the morning. It still works great.).
- In morning, blend mixture on high for 3 minutes.
- Add soy milk, carob powder and bananas (whole is fine). Blend 1 minute.
- Add ice, blend half a munute.
- Pour and enjoy!
- Have a great almond-powered day.
Nice, healthy stuff without the soy! I did not add soy milk and it was creamy enough. Also I did not add ice per preference. I would like to try this with frozen bananas another time.
Nice thick shake, and very satisfying after our failed attempt at the "boot camp" workout plan. We used a couple tablespoons of whole milk. I added a bit of sugar to mine, but boyfriend thought it was perfect as-is. We used cocoa powder though, not something with sugar already in it.