Prep 4 mins
Cook 336 hrs
Homemade liqueur that's great for gift giving.
- 1 quart rum
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 1 lb sugar
- 8 ounces milk
- 10 drops bitter almond flavoring
- In a half gallon jar add the spirits, thin lemon peel, orange juice, and sugar.
- Now take the essence of bitter almonds and add it to the glass of milk. Mix thoroughly and pour into the jar.
- Cover, put in a warm place (65-70 degrees Fahrenheit), and keep it there until the milk has curdled. (This takes from one to three hours.).
- Then filter through filter paper and bottle.
- Rest it for two weeks before drinking it.