- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and almond in bowl with pastry blender until forms dough.
- Roll dough to 1/8th inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutter or knife.
- Place on ungreased sheet and gently press almond sliver in center for garnish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until just set & lightly golden. 6-8 minutes.
- Time of baking and quantity varies with size of cookie cutters.
- I get 6 dozen or more with a 2X2 cookie size.