Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from cookingchanneltv.com by Bal Arneson. I changed it up a little to be Paleo friendly.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup coconut milk, is awesome
- 1 cup plain yogurt (try the nom nom coconut milk yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground star anise
- Put the ice, almond milk, yogurt, almonds, cardamom, fennel and star anise into a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately.
- The original recipe calls for sugar but I do not think it is needed.
- You can add a banana or honey in place of the sugar if you would.
- like it to be sweeter.
Made this with Simple Coconut Yogurt Paleo and Gluten Free and almond milk. So good, love the combination of spices! You absolutely need no sweetener, and with the coconut yoghurt it's a dream. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014