1/1 Photo of Almond Sandwich Cookies
A truly unique holiday cookie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line to large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Break the almond paste into chunks and place it in a food processor. Add the sugar and cinnamon and grind until fine.
- 3Add the egg whites and pulse until smooth.
- 4Scoop the mixture into a large zip bag and snip a hole in one corner.
- 5*Here’s where the recipe varies…If the almond mixture in thick, pour the sliced almonds on to a plate. Then squeeze circle onto the almonds. Flip them over so the are covered with almonds on both sides, then lay them on the cookie sheets.
- 6If the almond mixture is loose, place little mounds of sliced almonds on the cookies sheets where the cookies will be. Squeeze the mixture into circles on top of the little almond piles. Then sprinkle with a few more almonds.
- 7Bake for 9-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them at the end because they turn dark quickly.
- 8Allow the cookies to cool completely on the parchment paper. Then turn half of them over and top with jam or frosting. Give each cookie a top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g