1 hr 20 mins
I have been extremely interested in the use of rose water in the kitchen and decided to post this recipe. I would suggest using Tonkcat's recipe for rose petal jam Rose Petal Jam for this distinctive pound cake. Take a culinary adventure with me!! Adapted from "New Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies" by Najmieh Batmanglij
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch tube pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Put the pieces of butter into the large bowl of an electric mixer and set aside about 15 minutes to soften.
- 3Grind almonds finely in a food processor or blender and set aside.
- 4When butter has softened, cream with sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Stir together flour and salt. Slowly add to the creamed mixture, beating until batter is smooth.
- 7Remove about a third of the batter and add rose water and jam, stirring until smooth.
- 8Stir the ground almonds and almond extract into the remaining batter.
- 9Spoon half of the almond batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- 10Spoon all of rose batter into the pan, spreading evenly. Then top with remaining almond batter and spread until smooth.
- 11Bake cake on center oven rack 50 to 60 minutes or until it tests done. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes, then run a knife around the outside edge and also around the center tube. Invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 12Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-Rose Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.1
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: