Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Movie night treat from copykat.com.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn (plain)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 5 ounces sliced natural almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter flavoring
- Place popped popcorn in a large roasting pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray and set aside.
- In saucepan on low heat mix sugars, butter, salt, and corn syrup. Let mixture come to a soft boil and place lid on pan for 30 seconds. Remove lid and stir with clean spoon. This is done so all sugar and salt crystals are dissolved and none get back in the mixture. Turn heat down and let boil gently with out a lid for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- When 5 minutes are up remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Syrup will foam but this is normal. Stir until baking soda is completely dissolved. Add butter flavoring and stir. Pour over popcorn slowly stirring popcorn constantly, coating all the popcorn gently. When popcorn is coated, pour almonds in and stir well. Place in a preheated oven at 225 degrees for 1 hour. Popcorn needs to be stirred and mixed through every 15 minutes. When popcorn is finished baking pour onto a non-stick service and let cool.
Really good! This didn't last long at all. Made as stated and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This came out really well and stores easily in a plastic resealable bag. It was a lot of steps, but each is important as you will see when you make this! Thanks for posting.