Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this gem on the official Almond Roca website at www.brown-haley.com. It's a dump cake (or pie) in disguise, regardless of the fancy "Toffee Crumb..." title.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon fruit filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Mix sugar and flour together; cut in butter using pastry blender. Add crushed toffee candy and mix in with fork.
- Sprinkle toffee candy mixture over fruit filling.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Oh...my...fat...fanny! This is too delicious! I made my own cherry pie filling with frozen cherries, added some almond extract to it, and proceeded as written. I already love Almond Roca candy, but this put it into outer space, and my family all agreed. This was a perfect Easter dessert. Thanks, CG!
Yummy! I used blueberry filling instead of cherry. Baked an extra 5 minutes as it seemed to need it (10 more probably would have been OK even). Love the topping with the almond toffee - I think I might try trading this topping out with the topping on my favorite Blueberry Crumb Pie. Thanks for the recipe!