Recipe by COOKGIRl
I found this gem on the official Almond Roca website at www.brown-haley.com. It's a dump cake (or pie) in disguise, regardless of the fancy "Toffee Crumb..." title.
Top Review by Vina
Oh...my...fat...fanny! This is too delicious! I made my own cherry pie filling with frozen cherries, added some almond extract to it, and proceeded as written. I already love Almond Roca candy, but this put it into outer space, and my family all agreed. This was a perfect Easter dessert. Thanks, CG!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (apple or blueberry can be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup crushed almonds, roca buttercrunch candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon fruit filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Mix sugar and flour together; cut in butter using pastry blender. Add crushed toffee candy and mix in with fork.
- Sprinkle toffee candy mixture over fruit filling.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.