1/2 Photos of Almond Roca (English Toffee)
A delectable confection from the kitchen of June Oaks, wife of Brigham Young University president Dallin Oaks. This was surprisingly easy to make and an absolutely delicious addition to my goodie plates for Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread almonds evenly on a buttered 12 x 17-inch jelly roll pan. (I used a Silpat sheet and only buttered sides and that worked great).
- 2Mix sugar, butter and water in a large saucepan. Cook over high heat until tan (295°F at sea level). It needs to be past the point where the mixture begins to turn tan. It will be a foamy, thick, medium tan. Be sure to stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- 3Pour over sliced almonds and spread as much as possible.
- 4Sprinkle chocolate pieces over immediately. Let melt a minute or two and then spread evenly with knife.
- 5When completely cool and chocolate is solid, break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Roca (English Toffee)
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 75.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g