1/6 Photos of Almond Roca Cookies
This recipe came from Lynn Scully, Rancho Santa Fe, California via Emeril's Holiday Cookie show. And it's a show stopper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, dark preferably
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- 16 ounces toffee pieces (or 12 oz)
- 1 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3In bowl of an electric mixer, blend both sugars together at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until it's light and fluffy. At low speed, slowly add flour mixture and then toffee bits. Mix until it's just blended; don't over-mix.
- 4Place the ground almonds in a small bowl. Using your hands, roll balls of dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll in the ground almonds. Place on cookie sheets several inches apart. Bake about 22 minutes and transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- 5Melt the chocolate with the vegetable oil in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cookies. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and place in freezer or refrigerator until chocolate is firmly set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Roca Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 139.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g