Recipe by dayla
These bars are delicious and very easy. We make them around the holidays and everyone enjoys them.
Top Review by sm2be
I made this a while ago, but wasn't really happy with it. Probably just me though, since the kids loved it and the one I gave as a gift went over very well. I think I just expected something closer to what the candy tastes like. Thanks!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars; add egg.
- Beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and flour.
- Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 11x15" jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- While hot, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Spread melted chips over cookie base.
- Sprinkle with almonds, pressing lightly.