Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These bars are delicious and very easy. We make them around the holidays and everyone enjoys them.
Make and share this Almond Roca Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Cream butter and sugars; add egg.
- Beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and flour.
- Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 11x15" jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- While hot, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Spread melted chips over cookie base.
- Sprinkle with almonds, pressing lightly.
I made this a while ago, but wasn't really happy with it. Probably just me though, since the kids loved it and the one I gave as a gift went over very well. I think I just expected something closer to what the candy tastes like. Thanks!
These cookies were delicious! I used milk chocolate because I think that the candy is made with it. As with every new cookie recipe, I sampled one. I had to use some self-restraint to keep the sample at only one. Thank you for this recipe!
These were easy to make although because I used my cookie sheet, I had to make extra dough. No problem - more to enjoy! If you use a cookie sheet (which is about 11 x 17) make sure you cut down on the cooking time.