Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These bars are delicious and very easy. We make them around the holidays and everyone enjoys them.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Cream butter and sugars; add egg.
- Beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and flour.
- Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 11x15" jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- While hot, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Spread melted chips over cookie base.
- Sprinkle with almonds, pressing lightly.
I made this a while ago, but wasn't really happy with it. Probably just me though, since the kids loved it and the one I gave as a gift went over very well. I think I just expected something closer to what the candy tastes like. Thanks!
These cookies were delicious! I used milk chocolate because I think that the candy is made with it. As with every new cookie recipe, I sampled one. I had to use some self-restraint to keep the sample at only one. Thank you for this recipe!
These were easy to make although because I used my cookie sheet, I had to make extra dough. No problem - more to enjoy! If you use a cookie sheet (which is about 11 x 17) make sure you cut down on the cooking time.