Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted and it is a little different than I expected. The bottom layer isn't really a cookie but it also isn't quite candy. I couldn't cut it into bars so I ended up breaking it isn't pieces instead. They taste really good and were very popular at the party I took them to. If you want more of a cookie bottom, I'd take them out at about 20 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 ounces chocolate (you can use bars of chocolate, chocolate chips or candy coating wafers)
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg yolk.
- Mix baking powder with flour.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Spread evenly in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake 325°F for 25 minutes.
- Put chocolate on top immediately.
- Place them back in oven for just a minute or two so the chocolate will melt.
- Spread the chocolate to cover the top.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds.