2 hrs 10 mins
This simple preparation has many of the complex spices of a classically prepared Chinese duck, but it takes little preparation or special skills.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Pat the duck dry and prick all over with a fork.
- 3Insert the garlic and orange wedges into the cavity of the duck.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the almond syrup, soy sauce, and 5-spice powder.
- 5Rub or brush the almond mixture onto the duck. Sprinkle the duck with salt and pepper and place the duck on a rack, breast side down, in a roasting pan.
- 6Roast the duck, breast side down, in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, then turn the duck, breast side up, and continue to roast for 1 hour.
- 7The skin should be dark and crispy.
- 8Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 9Serve the duck breast and legs whole for an elegant entree, or chop up the duck into bite-sized pieces and serve with spicy chutney as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Roasted Duck With Chinese Spices
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1870.1
- Calories from Fat 1608
- Total Fat 178.7 g
- Saturated Fat 60.0 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 1371.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 53.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder